Wine coolers are easy to buy online as well as offline. You can find plenty of models at a local store or online but the question pings in mind is that which one is perfect for your need. Due to this reason, most of the people take a too long time to buy a wine cooler. Even, some people skip the idea of purchase due to such reasons.
Jumping to the popular designs and their quality factors can ease up the work which makes you spend more but get great satisfaction. People with tight budget can’t hop on such ideas that’s why this guide is here to let you know the important factors and tell you the top five wine coolers based on features, effectiveness, energy efficiency and affordability factors.
Types of Wine Coolers
As you are looking for Wine Cooler Options then you must choose between two types. Compressor and thermoelectric wine coolers are designed for the same purpose but they have a pretty good difference to check out. It is not about the quality and such other factors, but it is about how they preserve the quality of your wine.
Compressor-Based Wine Coolers
No doubt that compressor is common among all the household refrigerator and it is known for long term warranty offers but why you should choose this type over thermoelectric? Well, the pros are –
- These are cheaper in price, you can call it an affordable choice.
- Easily available and loved by almost every buyer due to accuracy.
- Comes with some basic features like temperature adjustment and LED lights.
However, there are a bunch of cons making it a bad choice. The number of cons varies with the model but few common cons are –
- Consume higher energy which makes it a poor choice.
- Take time to cool to the accurate temperature you set.
- Always have a vibration in the entire body which can ruin wine’s quality.
Thermoelectric Based Wine Coolers
Needless to mention but you can expect that these are a bit costly from the previous type due to the use of the latest technology. The pros are –
- Highly energy efficient which saves you money on electricity bills.
- Comes with a long-term guarantee of thermoelectric mechanism.
- Negligible vibration in the body of cooler help preserving the quality.
- Cool down at a faster rate which make the perfect condition for wine.
Apart from the pros, there are fewer number of cons which can be a topic of concern for people with a tight budget –
- Cost higher amount and the maintenance cost is also high.
- Hard to find genuine replacements for the faulty products.
Temperature Zones and Importance
After considering the cooling technology, it is better to look after the temperature zones for the same. There are three types of wine coolers which are as follow –
- Single Zone Wine Cooler– There is a single space for the bottles where you can keep a single type of wines. Most of the people with taste will prefer this zone over the other ones.
- Dual Zone Wine Cooler – If you like to collect two types of merlots then you can prefer a dual zone wine cooler. There are two different spaces to place wines and you can differently set the temperature for each.
- Multi-zone Wine Coolers – Merlots of three or more types may require different temperature settings to preserve the quality. Due to this reason, you should prefer multi-zone wine coolers.
The purpose of different zoning is to preserve the quality of the wine. If you want to keep the quality high then you should stay selective and focus on these major factors to eradicate all the issues. Make sure that you start with a budget and then focus on the rest of the factors which will ease up the work for sure.
Top Five Best Wine Cooler Options For Beginners
Mentioning all the high-end models here and claiming that these are the best one to prefer is a foolish thing. Everyone knows that expensive price tag brings a ton of feature, great after sale services and lot more things. But, as this guide is for budget range product for the first-time buyers, so we are mentioning the best wine coolers available at an affordable price point. We made a list of top five single zone wine coolers. Have a look at all of them and consider your need during the purchase to ease up the work –
As you hit any of the e-commerce websites and punch out “wine coolers” you will get plenty of options. The storage options start from eight bottles and go up to 150 bottles. A first-time buyer can opt for eight but it may seem like a bad move because the temptation to increase collection will raise.
So, you should go with the 12-bottle version from Avanti. Being the single zone wine cooler with storage for four bottles in vertical and eight in horizontal position makes it the best one in all kind. The brand credibility helps with the after sale services and you can expect quality maintenance from the manufacturer.
As it is a thermoelectric wine cooler, so it will vibrate at a minimal rate which is hard to notice. This thing can help in preserving the quality of the wine. Let’s check out the pros and cons –
- Ability to store 12 bottles.
- Touch capacitive buttons for temperature
- Compact and lightweight design.
- Get the complete insider view from the glass.
- Highly energy efficient and reliable.
- Small LED to display temperature settings
- Maintenance cost is significantly higher.
- Mixed negative reviews about faulty deliveries.
A good design with premium built is surely a remarkable product and you can expect all the qualities from this product expect the costly maintenance.
A wine cooler with the ability to cool two different types of wine is like aiming two targets with one arrow. This wine cooler is from Ivation which can store 18 bottles and it is capable of cooling red and white wine at the same time.
Even though it is a single zone wine cooler, it has the feature to maintain temperature for both types. All the bottles will be stored in a horizontal position and you can have a clear look at all the bottles inside. The design is simple and there are capacitive touch buttons on the top to adjust temperature and other things.
As it is freestanding wine cooler, so it might be a little heavy but it has plenty of pros to make it better from others.
- Store 18 wine bottles of different sizes.
- You can store red and white wine at the same time.
- Easy to control capacitive touch buttons.
- Small LED to tell the accurate temperature of inside.
- Doesn’t cause much vibration.
- It is known for silent working technology.
- Comes at bit expensive price point as compared to the others.
- Not best to preserve red and white wine together for a long time.
To store a single type of wine and getting the utmost silent working, this 18-bottle wine cooler is great. But, if you want to store red and white wine together for a long time then be careful.
Recommending small storage for wine cooler surely seems like the bad choice but if you are serious about having a tiny collection then Thermal Electric 8 Bottle Wine Cellar/cooler is best in all kind. You can store the same sized bottles and without a single issue.
There are upper models also but this one offer better value for money for the price. It has a thermal range from 46 degrees to 66 degrees allowing you to store red, white and other Merlots. Make sure that you store a single type of wine.
The pros of having this wine cooler are –
- Offer 46 degree to 66 Degrees temperature range for wine.
- Store 8 wine bottles of standard size without any issue.
- Grey tinted glass to have an insider view from the close look.
- It is considered as the most affordable product for the price.
- The design seems premium but built of lower quality metal.
- Hard to store unusually sized wine bottles.
For the price, this product is hard to compete. You can store champagne and beer in it. But, if you want to store big bottles and expend storage in future then this might disappoint you.
Back to the standard size for the first-time buyer, Magic Chef MCWC12B Black 12-Bottle wine cooler is a great choice. You get three touch capacitive buttons with this wine cooler and you can easily operate this wine cooler.
Setting the temperature is also easy and you have a small LED light to turn on and off with a single button. All the bottles are easy to store and you can go for an unusual size also. There is glass to window to get a complete insider view so you can find it helpful.
- Store more than 12 bottles without any issue.
- Black door enhances the design and looks.
- Touch capacitive buttons to control temp.
- LED display to show the exact temperature.
- Lower temperature range which is 54ºF – 66ºF.
- Mixed reviews about maintenance quality.
Those who want affordable 12 bottle wine cooler for red, white and such other merlots which require 54ºF – the 66ºF temperature can prefer it without any issue.
The last wine cooler to nail this list is NutriChef PKTEWC120 Nutrichef which is popular due to super quite working. You can easily buy this wine cooler online and the capacity of 12 bottles offer enough room for your need.
Storing red and white wine is easy. Personally, I have used it to store champagne also and it works great that’s why you can prefer this wine cooler over other ones. You get LED Lights inside the fridge to make it look better in the night time. You get plenty of pros with this wine cooler.
- Easy to Install because it is freestanding wine cooler.
- Comes with 12 bottle capacity; 4 vertical, eight horizontals.
- A reinforced glass door provides an insider view.
- Four capacitive touch buttons to adjust temperature and all.
- You can easily fit unusually sized bottles in this fridge.
- Seems little bit pricy as compared to others.
- The dimensions are a little bit large to place.
Despite all the pros, this product seems a little expensive for the features. If you love the design and all the great things then it is a reliable product for sure.
In a nutshell, a good wine cooler is reliable, easy to maintain, handy, energy efficient, effective and comes at your budget. Always decide a good budget and then you are good to go with them. Hope, this guide will help you eradicate all the issues and choosing the best budget range wine cooler in the market.