When it comes to fine wines, then you need to know that they need to be stored at the right temperature, in order to preserve the taste, aroma and flavor of the wine. One of the reasons that most wine lovers purchase wine coolers, is just so that they can safely store their wine bottles and at the right temperature. Granted that you may find all that information about wine a tad too overwhelming because there’s just a lot of information for any amateur to take it on the first go; but if you are serious about your wine and planning to become a wine aficionado then you would definitely want to invest in a good wine cooler.
When it comes to wine coolers, you will find that Whynter 18 Bottle Built-In Wine Cooler happens ot be one of the popular ones. And that’s why you need to take a closer look at this wine cooler and check it out.[rehub_affbtn btn_text=”Check latest Price on Amazon” btn_url=”https://amzn.to/2qHRWLi”]
What you need to know about wine coolers
Most wine connoisseurs are often not aware of the fact that all gourmet wines have to be stored at optimal temperature in order to preserve the taste, aroma and flavor of the wine. It is important that you understand the necessity of purchasing a wine cooler. But you also need to know how to take care of your wine cooler once you have purchased one. Check out some of the tips posted below
- Keep away from vibration: Most wine coolers are small and compact in size; given which you can store them in any part of your residence with ease. But the one thing that you cannot do is to store your wine cooler in the laundry room –not that anyone would want to but the fact is that you need to keep your wine cooler on a steady surface and one that does not vibrate too much.
- Temperature fluctuations: As mentioned earlier, you need to store your wine at optimal temperatures in order to preserve the taste, flavor and aroma. So, it makes sense to put your wine cooler in a cool and dry part of your home, so that even if the power fails, the ambient temperature should still be cool enough for the wine to maintain their ‘normalcy’.
- On the side: You need to store your wine on the side, otherwise the wine corks are going to dry up altogether. This would cause your corks to shrink and that would let the oxygen in. And it is only a matter of time before the wine goes bad, so always make it a point to store your bottles on the side
- Humidity: You also need a certain amount of humidity to store your wine bottles safely. That is why it makes sense to go for wine coolers that feature humidity control. Without the right humidity, your wine corks would dry out and shrink, and this would again let the oxygen in. This is why you need to store your wine bottles at the right temperature and right humidity.
When it comes to wine coolers, it is easy to see why Whytner ranks as one of the best; it is attractively priced and comes with the required functionality that you would want in a wine cooler. So let’s take a closer look at the wine cooler and see if it is indeed as good as it claims to be.
The overall design of the wine cooler is impressive to say the least; it is not too flashy and comes with attractive black cabinets with a stainless steel door and a handle that runs its whole length. The front door is also made of glass, so you should be able to check out the contents of your wine cooler without the need to open it up. The front door is made of tempered glass which is double layered and comes with an air tight seal as well. One of the reasons that the front door is smoky grey is so as to protect the wine from any harmful UV radiation as this door is designed to block it out completely. Furthermore, it happens to come with chrome shelves, which can be pulled out with ease and certainly makes the cooler look even better.
The design was outstanding but it is time to take a closer look at some of its main features. It comes with an LED display unit with touch screen buttons with which you can set and regulate the temperatures in your wine cooler. It also features humidity control with which you can control the humidity at which your wine is stored. The Whynter is more of a wine refrigerator than a wine cooler it comes with a compressor which enables you to store your wine at precise temperatures. For example, with thermo electric wine coolers, you can at most, expect to cool your wine by 25 degrees from the ambient temperature. Whereas with this wine cooler, you can look forward to precise and constant temperature – all you would have to do is to set the same. The digital LED control allows you to set the temperature, for the refrigerator, ranging from 40ºF – 65ºF, so you should be able to store your wines at optimal temperatures. The great thing about using compressor based cooling system is that you can set the temperatures precisely and the overall temperature should not fluctuate as it does with other coolers and refrigerators.
And thanks to its powerful compressor cooling system, you can now safely store your wine at optimal temperatures. This wine cooler is small and compact enough that it can be stored under the counter in the kitchen. It would be a perfect fit but you can also store it in any other part of your residence as well. It comes with an air tight seal which should prevent odors from seeping into the wine cooler and affecting the wines. The stainless steel trim on the front door, with the dusky finish to the glass door along with the trays, certainly makes for a classy appearance.
This product also comes with humidity control in the form of a box; you can position this box on the top shelf, but do note that this may limit the available space for your wine bottles. You may need to take a call on whether to use humidity control or not.
Incidentally, it also happens to feature six stainless steel trimmed, wood racks for storing your 18 bottles of wine safely. And it is easy to see why this wine cooler quite popular, given its precise temperature control and ease of use, as well as the way it looks. What makes this refrigerator stand out is that it does not consume much power and should not cause your utility bills to shot up.
This is one of the few wine refrigerators to come with a locking mechanism; so you can effectively ensure that your wine is safe. Most wine coolers and refrigerators lack this useful feature and as a result, anyone can get at the wine bottles. But with an effective locking mechanism, you can limit access to the same, and make sure that your supply is not pilfered.
This wine refrigerator comes with the following size, 23″ Long x 12″ Wide x 34.5″ High and it weighs around 65 pounds. Incidentally, it also comes with built in fan which ensures better circulation inside the refrigerator and in the process, your wine bottles would be maintained at the same constant temperature without any hassle.
This wine refrigerator certainly stands out on account of its functionality. It is perfect for amateurs and wine connoisseurs alike, and should enable you to store your wine at constant temperatures and in optimal setting. This wine refrigerator can easily store around 18 standard wine bottles with 4 in the bottom layer. And moreover, this refrigerator is easy to clean and maintain. You can store this under the counter top in the kitchen or any pat of your residence. If you are serious about your wine, then this is the wine refrigerator that you need to take a closer look at.
Whynter 18 Bottle Built-In Wine Cooler1Check on Amazon
- This is an under counter wine refrigerator, one that comes with digital LED controls with which you can adjust the temperature precisely
- It features humidity control as well
- It is small, compact, and comes with UV protection in the form of smoky dark, glass front door
- It is elegantly styled
- It tends to be a little noisy
- It is not energy rated
- It tends to be a little pricey