To prepare our list of best wine coolers in the market today, we took into account the following factors to select our list of wine coolers. The storage capacity, the number of temperature-zones, the model type, for instance whether you can place it above or under the counter, etc., the cooling system, the warranty, the features like LED light, lock system, shelves, etc,. We have also tried to accommodate wine coolers that will fit all budgets.
- 1 Top 10 Best Wine Coolers
- 1.1 Avanti 12 Bottle Thermoelectric Counter Top Wine Cooler – Model EWC1201
- 1.2 AKDY 20 Bottle Touch Panel Single Zone Chrome Wire Standing Shelves
- 1.3 NewAir AW-181E 18 Bottle Thermoelectric Wine Cooler
- 1.4 Aobosi 15” Wine Cooler Dual Zone 30 Bottle Freestanding and Built-in Wine Refrigerator
- 1.5 Allavino FlexCount VSWR36-2BWFN Black 36 Bottle Dual Zone Wine Cooler with French Doors
- 1.6 NewAir Dual Zone Built-In Wine Cooler and Refrigerator, AWR-290DB
- 1.7 Westinghouse WWT080MB Thermal Electric 8 Bottle Wine Cellar
- 1.8 Haier – 16-Bottle Dual Zone Curved Door with Smoked Glass Wine Cellar – HVTEC16DABS
- 1.9 NewAir AWR-1160DB Wine Cooler 116 Bottle Stainless Steel/Black
- 1.10 Kalamera 15” Wine Cooler 30 Bottle
- 2 Best Wine Cooler 2020 Buying Guide
- 3 What is a Wine Cooler?
- 4 Why is Storing Wine at a Particular Temperature Important?
- 5 Bottle Storage Capacity
- 6 The Cooling System of Wine Coolers
- 7 Functions and Style of the Wine Cooler
- 8 Built-In Coolers
- 9 Counter-Top Coolers
- 10 Free Standing Coolers
- 11 Single Zone Coolers
- 12 Dual Zone Wine Coolers
- 13 Multiple Zone Wine Coolers
- 14 The Final Verdict
Top 10 Best Wine Coolers
The Avanti EWC1021 12 bottle wine cooler can store up to 12 bottles of wine and uses a thermometric cooling system that operates quietly making very less vibrations, leaving the wine bottles undisturbed. It is a single zone wine cooler that allows you to select only one temperature at a time. It has a sleek design that allows four bottles to stand vertically. It is black in color and has an insulated curved black glass door which gives you a clear view of the wine bottles. The fine black color of the cooler is perfectly complimented by platinum accents on the edges. The unit is pretty compact and can be placed anywhere. The shelves have a modern chrome finish, which adds to the style quotient. It is pretty decently priced and is perfect for someone who is just starting off on the wine collection journey.
- It has removable shelves
- It has a stylish appearance
- It makes minimal vibrations
- It has an insulated glass door
- It is a compact unit
- It is a single zone cooler, hence you can set just one temperature at a time.
- It can hold only 12 bottles
- Its fan can cause some noise at times
This is a perfect cooler for anyone who does not have too many bottles to store. It does its job well even when the bottles are open. It is compact and comes at a great price. You will not be disappointed with your buy.
This one is an elegant high tech wine cooler that can keep your wine bottles as cool as you want them to be. This is a freestanding dual zone wine cooler that comes with an electronic touchpad for precise temperature control and an LED display too. The wine cooler has a thermoelectric fan cooling system that ensures that the vibrations and noise is minimal. The temperature at the upper section can be controlled in a range of 44 to 66 degrees Fahrenheit while the bottom section temperature can be adjusted between 50 and 66 degrees Fahrenheit. It has a glass door and removable wooden shelves.
- It can hold up to 21 bottles of wine
- It has an elegant and sleek look
- It can be placed at any corner of your house
- It functions noiselessly without disturbing the bottle sediments
- It has low energy consumption
- It has two separate and unevenly sized sections to keep different types of wine.
- It does not have tinted glass and so must be kept out of direct sunlight
For a cooler loaded with so many features, this one comes at a very competitive price. It looks great and can be placed at any corner of your house to keep your wine chilled.
This extremely good looking wine cooler from the house of NewAir is a great wine cooler for people who love to enjoy a glass of wine occasionally. It runs on the thermoelectric cooling system, which makes it noise-free. This is a single-zone cooler and allows you to set the temperature to anything between 54 degrees Fahrenheit to 66 degrees Fahrenheit. It also has a pretty cool blue interior LED illumination that beautifully illuminates tour precious wine collection.
- It has a digital display with push buttons that can help you to set temperature easily
- It has a sturdy stainless steel door
- It has five removable chrome-plated sliding shelves
- It is an in-built wine cooler
- It has a double panelled insulated glass door
- It can hold up to 18 bottles only
- It cannot accommodate all types of wines
- It is a single-zone cooler
The good looks and a competitive price is what makes this wine cooler a perfect choice for people who do not collect wine bottles every week. It has pretty cool features too and does its job well. Go ahead and buy it if this is all you need.
This super stylish, feature-rich, built-in wine cooler from the house of Aobosi is a steal for wine lovers who have a lot of bottles to take care of. This wine cooler has a stainless steel frame and a double tempered glass door. It can be placed at any part of the house to add a stylish look. It is a dual zone wine cooler with an inbuilt powerful compressor that makes a very low noise. It also has removable beech wood sturdy shelves that are strong enough to hold the wine bottles.
- It is free standing and has a pretty sleek design
- It has sturdy wood shelves that are scratch, moisture, and odor resistant
- It is a dual zone cooler which helps you to set the temperatures easily
- It can hold up to 30 bottles
- It runs on an inbuilt compressor that makes noise
- It is slightly pricey
This wine cooler has a good bottle holding capacity and has two zones to keep different types of wine. The build is sleek and the unit looks quite posh. If price is not a factor, it is a great idea to invest in this wine cooler.
If you have quite a number of bottles to store and are also looking for a pretty looking wine cooler, this one is just perfect for you. The Allavino wine cooler with black framed glass French doors comes in a compact 24-inch black unit. It has 12 shelves, each of which can hold up to three bottles each. The thin yet strong metal shelves have wood fronts to give it a classy look and wood slats to hold the bottles and prevent them from slipping out of place. It is a dual zone cooler that allows you to adjust each zone’s temperature separately. It has a LED blue interior lighting that can be turned on and off and a security lock system too.
- It is a dual zone cooler with a temperature range between 40°-60° F
- It has two sets of handles to help you open the doors with ease
- It has wood slats in the shelves to prevent vibration of the bottles
- It has temperature control in each zone
- It is heavier than most models of its size
- It is expensive
The model is quite classy and can be fit under or over a counter top or kept as a free standing unit too. It has really cool features and can hold up to 36 bottles. However, it is an expensive model. But if price is not a concern and you have fallen in love with this unit at a glance, you can go buy it.
An impressive under the counter cooler, this one can hold up to 29 wine bottles with ease. This dual-zone cooler has a stainless steel exterior and thick stainless steel trims that outline the clear glass door. The door is also fully UV protected that keeps your wine bottles completely safe. The wine cooler unit has wooden shelves and can hold up to 29 bottles. However, if the bottles are large, the number may be less. It has a compressor style cooling system but still ensures excellent air circulation. As for the temperature range, the top section has a 40 to 50 degrees Fahrenheit range, while the bottom has a range of 50 to 66 degrees Fahrenheit.
- It is a dual zone cooler with good temperature ranges
- It has an excellent under the counter design
- It has slated shelves that allow air circulation
- It has a button to control whether the temperature on the LCD display is in Fahrenheit or Celsius.
- It has a UV protected glass door
- It cannot hold more than 15 large bottles
- It has the control panel inside the wine cooler
- It is slightly pricey
Even though this wine cooler is not one of the cheapest ones in the market, it has some pretty cool features that make it a great buy. The one thing that sets it apart from the rest is its UV protected glass door.
If you have a collection of a few wine bottles and are looking to store them in an electronic cellar hat will keep the wine cool and nice, this wine cooler is just the one for you. This one is a compact single-zone cooler that can hold up to 8 bottles. The temperature can be set between 46 to 66 degrees Fahrenheit. This wine cooler is an ultra-quiet thermal electric cooling unit that features a tinted glass door. It can fit nicely under any countertop without leaving any space.
- It is a perfect wine cooler for beginners
- It has a sleek design and can fit in perfectly under any counter top
- It can be placed anywhere in the house without it taking up too much space
- It has a quiet thermal electric cooling system
- It is a single zone cooler
- It cannot accommodate more than eight bottles, should you decide to increase your collection
This wine cooler comes at a great price and in terms of function, size, and style, it remains unmatched in the market. Unless you want to store dessert wines and champagnes to chill, this wine cooler is good to go for red and white wines.
Even though this wine cooler comes from one of the less reputed brands of the wine cooler market, this product has quite good reviews already. The smart-looking unit can hold up to 16 bottles and also comes with a soft blue interior light. The free standing unit has an insulated curved double pane glass door and a recessed handle that makes operations easy. The dual zone cooling unit also features dual touch screen controls and two LED displays. It also has eight full width sturdy chrome shelves.
- It is a dual zone cooler with temperature controls between 46 degrees Fahrenheit to 66 degrees Fahrenheit.
- It is a free standing unit
- It is perfect to store all kinds of wine, including dessert wine and champagne
- It comes with an interior light
- It does not have a great bottle storage capacity
Even though it is a new entrant in the market, it has taken it by storm. This dual zone cooler has a low bottle storage capacity but compensates for it with its features and a competitive price. It is a great idea to invest in this cooler.
If you are looking for a classy, yet fancy, feature-rich, and gigantic wine cooler, this is the one you should look at. This one has dual zone cooling system and a dual control panel as well. This free-standing premium wine cooler unit has a cold-rolled steel cabinet with three layers of insulation. It also features a smoke-tinted triple layer reversible glass door, smooth and strong slide-out racks, an elegant gold LED light and the best part is the 1-year in home warranty that comes along with the purchase.
- It has two control panels that allows you to use separate buttons to control each area of the cooler
- It has a display with four areas that help you read the temperature in the different areas of the unit
- It has triple-layer glass door, one of which is UV protected
- It is a compact unit that can hold up to 116 wine bottles
- It is not cheap
- It might occupy a large space at your home
If you are a wine connoisseur and really need a large wine cooler for your collection, this is the one you should buy. It not only looks good but is feature-rich too. You will not find a better wine cooler than this one in the market with such features and at such a price range.
This single-zone wine cooler unit is all you need if you are looking for a wine cooler that is flexible and can be kept as a free standing unit or under a countertop in your kitchen. It has a compressor based cooling system that allows for excellent air circulation and the advanced technology does not let it make a lot of noise. It also features a temperature memory function that sets the temperature in the cooler after a power cut. It also has a digital control panel and a LCD display. It also features a two-layer tempered glass door with a stainless steel frame.
- It features a cool blue interior LED lighting
- It can hold up to five bottles on each shelf of this cooler despite being just 15 inches wide
- It has a temperature memory setting
- It has six sleek wooden shelves
- It is a single zone cooling unit
- It has a compressor based cooling system
This cooler does not only look sleek and stylish but is built to impress users in terms of functionality too. It is quite easy to use as well and the bottle storage capacity is just perfect. You can buy it if it fits your budget.
Best Wine Cooler 2020 Buying Guide
What is a Wine Cooler?
Simply put, a wine cooler is an appliance that is made to properly refrigerate your bottles of wines. After all, all types of wines are supposed to be stored under certain temperature. A wine cooler is therefore that perfect storage option for your wine bottles that you can install at home and use whenever required.
Why is Storing Wine at a Particular Temperature Important?
It is important to store wine at a particular temperature because the temperature majorly affects the taste of wine. For example, let us take into account a normal bottle of Chardonnay. When you store a bottle at room temperature, the flavor is generally overly pungent, sweet, and thick. However, if it is stored at a chilled temperature in a wine cooler, the flavor is way lighter, mild, and tangier. The same logic applies to red wines, too. Red wines need both acidity and bitterness to pack a punch, and the temperature plays an important part in it. The organic compound called tannins present in red wines are affected by storage temperatures. Hence, when red wine is chilled, it gives the tannins a boost, which lends the wine a subtler smell and a different taste. Overall, wines are best preserved and taste the best when they are stored at a certain temperature. Wine coolers help you understand these temperature settings, which give your wines the best flavor.
Bottle Storage Capacity
Wine coolers available in the market can vary in size. There are wine coolers that can hold six bottles to ones that can hold more than 300 bottles. So, before you decide to buy one, decide how much space you need. If you are just starting out, you might not need a large wine cooler, however, if you are a serious collector and have room, you can buy a large one to accommodate your several bottles of wine.
The Cooling System of Wine Coolers
All wine coolers use two kinds of cooling technologies – a compressor or a thermoelectric cooling system.
A compressor run wine cooler can easily and evenly cool wine bottles and is quite a dependable technology. However, the disadvantage of using a compressor-run wine cooler is that it tends to make some noise and also has a bit of vibration that can disturb the sediment in the bottles.
Wine coolers that use the thermoelectric system of cooling are generally quieter units and have no vibration at all. However, they may not cool the wine bottles as efficiently as a compressor run cooler. Thermoelectric wine coolers use the Peltier effect to create a heat pump between two plates. This can be effectively used to refrigerate a wine cooler, but the effectiveness also depends on external temperature. Therefore, they may not be able to function well in case of large wine collection in units or when the cooler is exposed to high surrounding temperatures.
Functions and Style of the Wine Cooler
Before you buy a wine cooler, you might have made a list of styles and functions you need in your wine cooler. If not, do it right away. Here is what you should give a thought before checking out wine coolers.
- Style: Do you want stainless steel or tinted glass units? Do you want the temperature control panel inside or outside the unit? Do you need cool LED interior lights to show off your wine bottles? Do you want a single door, double doors or French doors? What is the kind of handle you want – curved handle or towel-style door handle? Do you want the handle to be top mounted or at the side?
- Features: Do you have kids around and need a lock system? Do you need a simple interface or a complex touch screen interface? Do you have frequent power cuts in your area? If yes, do you need a temperature memory function in your wine cooler? Do you have preferences for the rack material? Do you prefer beech wood or metal shelves? Do you need smooth sliding shelves, removable shelves or adjustable shelves? Do you need carbon filters in your wine cooler? Does your wine cooler have tinted glass doors and a UV protected glass door?
And last but not the least, you must take into account your budget before you buy a wine cooler. A small counter-top model is the least expensive of the lot and a wine cooler with the capacity to hold up to 100 bottles is more expensive than one that can hold up to 30 bottles. The price ranges from less than $100 to ones that cost up to $2000 and more. The choice is entirely yours.
The Types of Wine Coolers Based on Space and Temperature Control
This is also a type of cooler that suits people who do not have a lot of space to spare at home. They are usually custom-made to be permanently built into your cabinet space. These wine coolers are usually only viewed from the front, and are quite rare to find because they have separate cooling and venting requirements.
This type of coolers are perfect for the people who don’t have a large amount of space to spare in the house. This type is also perfect for people who drink their wine instead of just collecting and storing it. These coolers come in various sizes that range from a storage capacity of four to 24 bottles of wine. They also need ventilation, so, ensure that you keep it in a spot that allows it.
Free Standing Coolers
This type of coolers is the most popular in the market and is available in different sizes and price range. They can be placed anywhere in the house, however do take into consideration the amount of space you are willing to spare for it.
Single Zone Coolers
Single zone coolers are wine cooler units that can be set to only one temperature and that is maintained throughout the entire unit. Single zone wine coolers are the best option for wine lovers who buy and relish only a certain kind of wine because that can be maintained easily with one temperature setting.
Dual Zone Wine Coolers
Dual zone wine coolers are wine cooler units that have two separate spaces within the unit that can be set to different temperatures based on the type of wine stored. Dual zone wine coolers are a perfect option for a wine lover who appreciates and enjoys different types of wines. Most free-standing units are dual zone coolers. However, they can be slightly expensive than single zone wine coolers.
Multiple Zone Wine Coolers
This type of wine cooler is the best option for a wine lover that enjoys various types of wines because in a multiple zone wine cooler, many different variants of wine can be stored at different temperatures. Multiple zones are usually found in larger units that require a lot of space for installation. They are the most expensive wine cooler units.
Before you decide on buying a wine cooler to store your bottles, you need to decide where you want to place the wine cooler, the size you need (which depends on your collection at present and the future), the number of zones you need, and finally, how much you’re willing to spend on the cooler. Once you have the answer to these questions, it will be easy to find a cooler that matches your requirements perfectly. After all, there are numerous brands in the market today that have wine coolers of all sizes, different zones, feature rich, and much more.
The Final Verdict
While it is difficult to pick the best one in the race, the Haier – 16-Bottle Dual Zone Curved Door with Smoked Glass Wine Cellar – HVTEC16DABS – Black is probably the best in terms of price, features, and functions when it comes to a medium sized dual zone wine cooler. For an entry level wine cooler, the Westinghouse WWT080MB Thermal Electric 8 Bottle Wine Cellar is a great pick, while for a large wine cooler, the NewAir AWR-1160DB Wine Cooler 116 Bottle Stainless Steel/Black is a great choice.
Once you get your wine cooler home and find your friend loving the great service provided by another brand and type of wine cooler, do not get anxious. Keep in mind that the wine cooler that is best for you may not be the best option for your friend since your needs and preferences may vary. So enjoy chilling, drinking, and serving your wine to friends and family with your new wine cooler!